2018 Documentary Competition
Actuality Media Documentary Competition
- Welcome to Actuality Media (“Actuality Media”).
- Actuality Media is the promoter of the “Changemaker In Your Community” Competition (“the Competition”) and participation in the Competition is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein (“the Terms”). Your participation in the Competition constitutes your agreement to all such Terms. Please read these terms carefully and keep a copy of them for your reference.
- Actuality Media (EIN 27-4469664) with the registered office is located at 2014 Edgewater Drive Suite 240 Orlando, FL 32804 USA.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Actuality Media Employees
- Employees of Actuality Media and/or their respective family member(s) or anyone else, without limitation to, agents, contractors, directors and/or representatives connected in any way whatsoever with the Competition with the purpose of assisting with the setup of the Competition shall not be permitted to enter the Competition.
- Actuality Media has the sole discretion in respect of determining the entry of participants. All such decisions made by Actuality Media are final.
- Entry Fees
- No entry fee(s) are required for the entry of the Competition and no purchase(s) are also necessary to enter the Competition.
- Entry Procedures
- Route to the entry of the Competition and details / procedures of how to enter the Competition can be found via https://www.actualitymedia.org/2018-documentary-competition/.
- Deadline for Entry
- The effective closing date for all entry to the Competition needs to be submitted by the revised deadline 31st January, 2018 (“the Deadline”).
- All application for entry submitted after the Deadline will not be permitted.
- Actuality Media accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any late entries or application submitted after the Deadline referred to in Clause 7.1 herein.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION AND PRIZE
- The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- All competitors are to upload a short documentary (“the Documentary”). The duration of the Documentary shall not be shorter than three (3) minutes and shall not be longer than five (5) minutes.
- The Documentary shall be uploaded onto YouTube (“the Social Media”) with the title of the documentary labeled with the words ‘Actuality Media Documentary Competition’.
- The direct Social Media link should be submitted via online form at https://www.actualitymedia.org/2018-documentary-competition/submit/.
- The Documentary shall be based on a local changemaker, which is defined by Actuality Media as ‘an individual or organization that is working to solve chronic social or environmental problems in their community in sustainable and/or innovative ways.
- All competitors shall warrant and consent that the Documentary sent to Actuality Media is the original work(s) of the individual entrant.
- By submitting the Documentary to Actuality Media, you agree :-
- in the event that the Documentary was not filmed specifically for the Competition; and
- the film/video is not older than one (1) year from the date of the submission; and
- you have permission whether by license and/or legal rights to use and/or reproduce the Documentary to a third party.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Each entrant is permitted to submit only one (1) Documentary.
- No group entries are allowed.
- There shall only be one (1) individual winner (“the Winner”) and the Winner will be chosen based on professional merit by the Actuality Media team.
- The Winner will be notified by email and announced on social media within seven (14) days of the closing date (“the Notification”).
- If the Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 30 days of the Notification, Actuality Media reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The Winner shall receive a 100% subsidized scholarship in respect of the program fee for a 2017 documentary outreach of their choice to either Peru, Nepal, Nicaragua or Morocco (“the Outreach”).
- The Winner shall be responsible for all other cost(s) directly and/or indirectly to the Outreach, including but not limited to flights, visas, passports, additional excursions, some meals, and all other expenses arising out of and in connection to the Outreach not included in the program fee.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and documentary entry in any publicity material.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You are providing your information to Actuality Media and not to any other party.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United States of America data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions to the Competition, without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
- Any changes to the Competition will be notified to the entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter via social media or email.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The promoter shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies of the prize details or any other information supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. You are hereby advised to check back to the Promoter’s Website for updates on any changes.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or any other Social Network.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of the United States of America.
- Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
- If any part of this Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, this Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire agreement and it supersedes all prior contemporaneous communication and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written between the entrant and Actuality Media.
- A printed version of this Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- It is the express wish to the parties that this Terms and Conditions and all related documents be written in English.